Friday, October 10, 2008

iron supplements and more...


i had my 28 week midwife visit yesterday. overall, all is well. my glucose test came back normal (yay!), and the size of the baby is right on target. i gained more weight, but about half the amount that i did upon my last visit... so i guess i would get "most improved" on my report card. LOL... but it was still 4 pounds. i spoke to them about what i'm eating, and after confirming with me that i'm not going hog-wild on sweets or carbs (which i'm not), my midwife told me that maybe my body just needs to gain the weight. **shrug** i'm still eating healthy, so i hope that means all is well.

my only not-so-great news was that my iron count is still low. it was low in the beginning, and i've made a concentrated effort to eat iron-rich and fortified foods ever since. but this little bugger must be sucking all my iron from me! so i've been prescribed iron supplements.

otherwise, all is well. so good, in fact, that i was able to avoid the 2-week appointments for now. my midwife gave me a choice for my next appt. -- i could do 2 weeks from now or 4 weeks. but since i'm right on track, she didn't see a need for a 2 week. so, to make my life easier, i went for 4 weeks! yay! but that WILL be my last 4 week appt. then i'm switched to 2 week and eventually 1 week appts.

we're coming down to the wire now! now that we're heading into mid-october, it's really only 2.5 months away! eek!

2 comments:

jodi said...

Congrats on the normal glucose test! As for the weight gain, your doctor would absolutely tell you if you were eating wrong or gaining too much - remember, safety/health first, meaning if you were gaining any less weight, it might be harmful to Baby Block and we wouldn't want that!

Anonymous said...

I keep telling you and will continue, Stop stressing over the number of pounds. Eat healthy and you will be fine. Worry about it AFTER the baby is born. SHE is more important then anything else.

I would however up your fiber intack with the new lovely Iron pills. Those suckers can Reek havoc on your system.