Friday, October 17, 2008

nursery wall art




oy. my ongoing issue in our home is wall art. what to hang? should i make it myself? this is a problem everywhere in our home, and it has now extended into the office/nursery.

we only have one wall to worry about -- the wall above the crib. i definitely want to put something on there, but what? pictures in frames would be too easy to reach or fall when the baby gets bigger. a mural is too difficult for me to paint right now. so, that leaves us with wall decals.

i was going to design my own wall decal, but i'm quickly running out of time and energy. so today i did a quick hunt for wall decals and found some really great ones. maybe we'll go with one of these?

2 comments:

jodi said...

Since ya asked for my opinion =) I'd go for something simple like the middle one - just because when I was little I had a piece of more abstract artwork on my wall and I remember it freaking me out!

Chris Kreussling (Flatbush Gardener) said...

Howdy, neighbor! (I think)

I really like the third one. The hidden panda made me do a double-take. It's high-contrast, which is supposed to be good for early visual development.