Sunday, November 2, 2008

only 2 months out...

yep. we're only 2 months away from welcoming baby block. i can't even express how excited and scared we are at the same time.

lately i've been doing a lot of watching of my belly. you can watch the baby move around in there, trying to get comfy. it's really very entertaining! i never ever get sick of feeling baby block move, kick, or hiccup. if i could feel her every day since the beginning, it would have made this whole roller coaster ride a lot more enjoyable. =)

i'm growing all the time now, and so begins the things pregnant women speak of all the time. i'm having trouble putting on socks for my shoes -- and most of my shoes worn now are slip-ons so that i don't have to bend over too much. ha! i'm not able to see my feet when i look straight down. there's a little one constantly sitting on my bladder, which is a pain at night. and i'm certainly getting tired more easily, and small things wear me out that never would have worn me out before.

overall, i'd say i'm still kinda small, but apparently not to everyone. the other day i went into motherhood maternity to get a couple more items for the winter, and grandma maria joined me. there were only 2 other people in the store -- another fellow preggo and her aunt. at one point, i stepped out of the dressing room with one of the tops i was trying on, and the aunt looked at me and said it wasn't good, because it accentuated the belly. i'm 8 months pregnant, of course it accentuated the belly! so i laughed that off... but THEN, she asked how far along i was. when i told her, she said, "wow, you're HUGE!" you can imagine how my face fell. the poor fellow preggo in the dressing room next to me started to yell at her aunt, and apologized to me for her. but damage was already done... i pouted my way around the store for the rest of the time. =(

here's a good lesson -- never tell a pregnant woman she's huge! i in fact know i'm not, and that i've been carrying rather small overall. but still, it hurt. stupid woman...

anyway, i'm feeling rather nervous most days now about what's coming. dave and i have a lot of studying to do, and we have a lot of questions to ask. but we're moving forward -- as if we have a choice -- and are really looking forward to meeting our little one.

2 months!

2 comments:

jodi said...

If I had been there with you, I would've definitely snarked back at that woman. You never tell ANY woman she's "huge", ESPECIALLY a pregnant woman!! We have to stick together ladies!!!

Wow, 2 months. I know you're scared but I have full faith in you that you're just going to be GREAT!!

Anonymous said...

It's funny, I had that happen to me too. I looked that person straight in the face and said, "at least I have a reason, what's your excuse?" Granted it was a bit rude, but I thought that comment was as well.

You would never think to say that to an overweight person, what makes it ok to a pregnant person?

And by the way, You are remarkably small and you look wonderful.