Wednesday, December 31, 2008

a day off from the due date...

and no sign of baby coming out into the world.

my midwife visit on monday evening was less than eventful. i haven't dilated any further and i'm only 30% effaced. yes, that's 30% more than i was before, but still, not much. you'd think that all the contractions, raspberry leaf tea, and yes, even sex, would have led to something by now! not to mention the head being so far down in my pelvis -- we're totally going to have a coneheaded child.

i had my midwife strip my membranes, but it didn't do much of anything for me except give me some more false contractions. i was prepared for that, so it didn't bother me. i was just hoping it would help move things along.

so my due date is tomorrow, and there's nothing happening! i'm sad... and uncomfortable. and sick of the waiting game. my next midwife visit is monday, and if there's nothing happening by then, we will schedule the baby's non-stress test and "discuss my options." ugh. i'm really hoping that i don't have to be induced. but we'll see.

dave and i are laying low tonight. ordering in thai, watching a movie, drinking some cava. nothing much. i have a migraine, so that's not going to help with the discomfort at all. but we'll also be praying that something major happens... i'm ordering a green curry dish to try to push things along!

anyway, even though i'm in a grumbly mood, i wanted to wish everyone a happy new year. in the end, i know this year will bring much more than we've ever experienced before -- and change our lives forever.

No comments: