Thursday, February 26, 2009

life right now

the past week has been an interesting one. a quick bulleted recap:

- the major excitement in my life was buying a new breast pump over the weekend
- dave and i got our signals crossed sunday night, which resulted in the loss of 4 ounces of breastmilk. that resulted in a bit of a breakdown for me. =(
- anna got a cold. poor kid was all stuffed up and needed to have saline drops put in right before i suctioned all the snot out. which, like all babies, she hated, and so she screamed. the downside was that she wasn't feeling well and cried an awful lot over the past couple days. the upside was that she was pretty much a momma's girl over the past few days, wanting to do a lot of snuggling with me. that always warms my heart.
- anna has begun "sleeping through the night". which means she sleeps for 5-6 hours at a time, from her last nighttime feeding to her first morning feeding. this means i get more sleep at a stretch. score!
- we are working on a new feeding schedule and bedtime routine. her sleeping through the night has helped us with that adjustment. she now gets her first morning feeding at around 6, and her last feeding of the day at 11 pm, after her bath. daddy gets to bathe her and feed her, while i pump through the feeding. it works out well for all of us.

all of this helps with my sanity. =) though i've been getting some baby-wear over the past week or so, as my whole world now revolves around sleeping and feeding schedules, pumping and breast health. it's a lot to deal with, while taking away the rest of my adult life that i was so used to. soooo... i'm adjusting. and grandma and grandpa are babysitting next saturday so that dave and i can have some baby-free date time. slumdog millionare here we come!

1 comment:

jodi said...

I've heard it does get easier...at some point...though I think I still keep my own mother up worrying some nights. =) You're doing great, and she is getting cuter by the minute!