Wednesday, September 17, 2008

funny baby dream last night


i haven't had a baby-related dream since the first trimester (and those were all scary dreams). so i was surprised to have this one -- especially since it's so odd.

i dreamt that i was woken up by dave at 7 in the morning (which i was this morning) and he told me that the baby was born at 1am. he had already been to see it -- so i guess i didn't actually give birth to the baby -- and she was perfect. i started to cry and asked if it was really a girl. he said yes. and somehow it didn't bother me that he left me sleeping at home to go visit baby block, and then left her where she was to come back home and go back to sleep with me! LOL... he told me he had wanted me to rest (which didn't make sense, of course, since i clearly didn't give birth!).

then he had to rush off to work. and for some reason we had to go to SI before he could go to work. but he was worried about missing his presentation. so we rushed to get him to the subway -- which doesn't exist in SI -- and then i finally went to go visit my baby girl.

very strange!! i have no idea what any of it means except a) dave's had a crazy work schedule lately, and b) we do think we're having a girl. other than that, i'm very bemused. =)

art print by etsy seller gorjuss.

1 comment:

jodi said...

Haha, great dream! Who knows what it all means, but at least you weren't yelling at Dave in it, "What? You didn't WAKE me?!"