Monday, June 30, 2008

scary sexy toys


raising kids gets more and more frightening to me.

we all know that there are plenty of sexy toys out there for girls. bratz and the like. but the companies are starting to go sex-crazy, when it comes to the most benign of toys.

here are the worst ones in my opinion (found originally on strollerderby):



1. my scene my bling bling barbie -- oh my. i mean, barbie was always a bit, um, bimbo-ish. even when i was growing up. but wow, this particular barbie is just a ho with a capital H-O. why would you buy a slutty barbie for your young daughter? so she can grow up to want a belly shirt just like her doll?



2. struts -- um, yeah, high. stripper-rific my little ponies? because that's what the shoes imply! different than the original my little pony, these animals are all about their long manes, their high heels, and their halter tops. i don't really know if i have any more to add about come-hither horses. but this blog sure does!



3. baby bratz -- can there be anything more disturbing than sexy babies? i thought bratz were bad, but these are way worse. i'll leave you guys to gasp and shreek at the dolls...

i really hope i don't find any more!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Stuff like this makes me glad we're having a boy!

Anonymous said...

It's true, they are all bad. But when a girl (Say a 5 year old) see's that toy in the store (because that is the only place where my 5 year old will see one), she doesn't think (sex, or come hither or whatnot). She thinks, Ohhhhhhhhh a pretty tiara, or I like those blue shoes. It's still innocent thinking even if the toys aren't.

It's when they are older that you really have to worry.

That being said, I would never buy toys like this or toy make up (which is real) for my daughters. But, they can have all the tiaras, and pretty shoes they want. LOL

Triple D-lite said...

OMG...that is one hoochie horse!! Even little girls' clothes are more sexed up than ever. They've also redesigned Strawberry Shortcake and Holly Hobby to make them more hip and appealing to a new generation of kids. At least their redesigns are not so hoochie, but I do miss how they used to look....and long live Punky Brewster girl power!!