Sunday, July 20, 2008

great doctor's visit

i didn't get to write about my doctor's visit on thursday afternoon -- i had a really rough migraine day and just wasn't up to it. so i thought i would get it in now. =)

i had told dave not to take off work to come to this appointment -- after all, all we were doing was checking the heartbeat and my weight. same as the last visit. plus, daddy block will have to find time to come to the ultrasound... no need to take so much time away when he has such a busy schedule.

after the visit, i felt kind of sorry he wasn't there. =\

the appointment went just as i expected. first i had to weigh myself -- i've only gained 1.5 pounds since my 12 week appt., which makes 5 pounds total. yay! after that, i just went in to get the heartbeat. i think i expected it to be similar to the last (and first) time we heard it -- there, but faint and far away. not so much! the midwife put the doppler on my abdomen, higher this time than the last, and we found the heartbeat immediately. it was very strong and very loud, which was surprising and wonderful. baby block also moved around while we were listening, so we could hear him/her moving. so i guess we have a very active and strong child on our hands!

i was so happy to hear how strong the baby is... and slightly sad that daddy block didn't get to hear it too. of course, he immediately told me he'll be at the next visit, no matter what!

we also get to schedule our ultrasound. sometime between 18 and 22 weeks... so i'll keep everyone reading this blog posted as to when it is.

3 comments:

jodi said...

Awww Baby Block is as strong as her Momma! =)

Anonymous said...

Aw Nic, it's so amazing and so wonderful. No matter what you go through, it's all worth it in the end. Every last pain (in the head and in the @$$)

I have tears in my eyes reading your doc appt info. I just brings back so many wonderful memories and I am so glad you are experiancing them right now too. I know exactly how you feel. It's AMAZING and it's something you never get used to.

Sending you my love.....(Did you get it)

Tiffany & John said...

Nicole, I am so happy for you and Dave.. i will never forget those days ever. it was so great each time! :) I know that everyone is different, but with me, Brooklyn and Katelyn's heart beat was very strong and I carried them high.. Johnny was lower. ( so maybe ) baby Block is going to be a Daddy's girl :) either was just a healthy baby is all we can pray for. Miss and love you guys Tiff