Wednesday, July 30, 2008

more nursery consideration... bedding

so... as everyone knows, the baby's nursery is also my office space. we'll just have to coexist. which is fine with me... but there are things that i've purchased for the space that i'm not sure if i can keep.

the main issue is the window treatments. i purchased the above curtains a few months back with loren, on a trip to ikea. i love how they look with the white cabinetry and the orange walls in the office. however, before i got a chance to put them up, i found out i was pregnant. and, therefore, i have stalled in my window decoration, and they remain in their packaging.

i love the curtains, and i think they still look great in the space. however, i realize that in order to use them, my baby bedding will have to go with the curtains.

does this mean i need a black&white color scheme in the bedding? i'm ok with that thought... but can i get color too and still have it go with the windown treatments?


i think i'll stop back into buy buy baby this weekend, bring the curtains, and take a closer look. in the meantime, there are some great b&w inspirational photos that i found on apartment therapy's ohdeeoh.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I LOVE THE GREEN ONE

that's gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I think that because the office is serving a dual purpose and you wont have the baby bed over near the window (big no-no) that it does not have to match the curtains seem subtle and I don't think it would be an issue... just my 2cents

LFDunne said...

I agree with both of the above comments - Love the green one :) and I think you can get away with hanging the curtains. They have a whimsical quality. you should hang them and enjoy them (because I know that you are not going to return them. They were affordable (I was with you when you made the worthy purchase) and if you happen to see other curtains that match a theme you create at a later point, you can switch them out.

I say enjoy them for now :)