Friday, August 1, 2008

had to write this immediately -- just felt the baby move

i've been waiting very patiently for this... everything and everyone says you don't feel your baby move for the first time until you're 16-22 weeks along. and it's usually 18-20 for first-timers. so, even though i've semi-analyzed every feeling in my tummy for a while now, i didn't expect to feel a thing.

but for the past 30 minutes, sitting here at the computer and watching tv, i've been feeling flutters. they haven't stopped. even as i write, i feel it.

all i could do was call dave to report it, and then write this. and cry a bit.

glad to have something to record this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you!

LFDunne said...

Yay! That is because baby was excited to meet me for brunch! :)

jodi said...

That is just awesome Nic =)

Anonymous said...

So, so exciting, Nic! This is definitely the best part of pregnancy. =)

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, Sniff sniff

I am so happy for you

Carrie Rachel said...

I can't wait to hear little "Gilbert" kick myself!

Unknown said...

So exciting!