Friday, August 1, 2008

why i love my husband -- and why he'll make the best daddy


dave is away this weekend with his boys -- taking advantage of the pre-parent days that are so numbered for us right now. i'm enjoying my weekend of girliness, quiet, friends and family.

but while i'm here on my own, making a fab dinner and watching what not to wear, i like to think about what's coming. and why i'm so grateful to have dave as the one to share it with.

- he rubs my belly every time he's near me, at home or in public. i love that he's proud of his blossoming family, and he likes to let everyone know it.

- he's happily listening to my new needs (on a semi-daily basis) and responds in kind, without making fun of me... well, not too much at least! when i told him last week that, since he clearly wasn't getting my overt hinting, i needed to be told more often than usual how much he loves me/misses me/etc., he smiled, got the message loud and clear, and has since made sure to do just that. without complaint.

- he thinks i'm sexy, even with my ever-burgeoning belly.

- he was sad to miss the heartbeat last doctor's visit, and has since vowed not to miss one appointment if he can avoid it.

- he tolerated the first stage of baby-store madness for an hour with me... this is about 30 minutes over his usual half-hour capabilities in any shopping arena.

- he STILL takes care of me, without complaint, when my migraines emerge, which has been going on almost daily for 2 years now.

- he likes the current search for middle names for baby block, picking them out with great care.

- he always lets me drive, because i love to drive (even though he calls me "rage" whenever he can while i'm behind the wheel).

- he makes me laugh, smile, giggle, and sigh on a daily basis. this has yet to stop in our 8.5 years together. i just know he'll do the same for our kid.

for all these reasons, and countless more, i am incredibly grateful. daddy block is a good man. just hope everyone out there feels the same about their sig. other/co-parent of their child. =)

3 comments:

Tiffany & John said...

Nicole I am so excited for you and Dave. To feel the baby move for the first time is the most wonderful feeling. And Yeas I feel the same way about you dear friend John. He is my hole life, and he was just away in new jersey for 5 days, He called or texted every day to tell me all of the same things.. He misses me and loves me all of that. I really do love him.. Dave this is to you, I know you already know this but the Mother of baby block is wonderful.You both look very happy..love Tif

jodi said...

Aww that is so sweet. I love that he does and is all of those things for you. You guys are going to make great parents =)

Anonymous said...

Yep, he is a keeper!