Tuesday, August 19, 2008

there is hope -- traveling with kids


so if you know me well, you know the thing that really concerns me about having a kid is traveling. we have so many places we still want to go, and we are just not sure what the future holds for that part of our life together now that baby block is on the way. i am definitely not adverse to traveling alone and leaving the baby with grandparents for the week, but still, that can't happen as easily as it used to.

however, this month on apartment therapy's ohdeeoh, they are following parents that travel with their kids. these crazy people are going everywhere with their children... staying in the states, traveling abroad. the families offer great tips on how they successfully keep their children happy while still getting a trip the adults love. sounds good to me!

example of the day -- alicia's trip to belgium and france with her husband and toddler son. you go girl!

also from ohdeeoh -- city walks with kids. these guides come in card form instead of a bulky book, so you can pick out your walk for the day and go. i think this is ingenious! even having grown up here in nyc, i think the kid walk cards can be very useful in the years to come.

thanks ohdeeoh. you continue to give me hope for a balanced life after children!

be free greeting card by artsharyne.

2 comments:

jodi said...

Well if it helps any, my brother and sister-in-law have so far brought the twins plus their 17-year-old to Italy, skiing in Colorado, Florida, the Caribbean (twice) and France. It takes organization and stamina but it is totally possible. Oh, and my nephew's first real food happened here visiting us: mozzarella and prosciutto!

Unknown said...

I love Ohdeedoh. Nicholas was on there for a birthday shout out this week (I'm sure you saw my post on FB.)

We have only traveled once with Nick but it was a lot easier than I expected-- I was so stressed about it!