Saturday, May 10, 2008

how to keep the secret?

this weekend, i'll be with my entire immediate family for mother's day. dave will not be there, as he's seeing his own mom. so i have to try to keep the secret myself. but i'm worried! my eagle-eyed mom -- soon to be grandma maria -- will be watching everything i do, as usual. now, i can always get away with not drinking... the headaches take care of that part. but what if...

1. i get really nauseous, to the point where i have to throw up?

2. my uncle bbq's tonight for dinner, and i have to tell him to cook my meat medium rare instead of bloody, the way i really like it (and my mom, for that matter)?

3. my mom notices that i'm not wearing the clothes i really like to wear, because i'm gaining weight?

4. another food note... i also can't eat certain fish, soft cheeses, etc. how do i explain?

basically, my mom notices everything. how will i get away with it? argh.

mom, i hope you realize how hard it is to keep this from you!!!!

No comments: