Thursday, May 8, 2008

kinda first mother's day

card from sarahjanestudio.

i did my shopping for mother's day yesterday, and was struck by simultaneous sadness and glee... this weekend coming up is mother's day, and technically it's my first mother's day, but no one knows except me and dave. and dave and i will be separated for the weekend, since he's going upstate to visit barbara. so, i have to wish myself a happy mamma's day on sunday -- and find the strength not to say anything to my mother. =)

but, at the same time, YAY!!! IT'S MY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY!! and that makes me happy.

to sorta-celebrate, i also bought myself some clothes yesterday while shopping for the other ladies in my life. i'll need them for my slowly expanding tummy, since all my clothes are so form-fitting. so yay for clothes that make me feel prettier!

No comments: